We’re honored to announce some exciting news! Our improved tool & equipment tracker, the ONE-KEY™ Bluetooth® Tracking Tag, which was released last November, has been included among the prestigious 2022 Pro Tool Innovation Award winners, taking home a Networking & Technology Award for the “Tool Security Software & Apps” category.
2022 Pro Tool Innovation Award Winners Announced
The Pro Tool Innovation Awards are an annual event that have been put on for the last 10 years and provide industry recognition of innovation for “tools which provide excellent value, advanced features, and the newest innovations.”
When reviewing each year’s offerings, the Pro Tool Innovation Award judges seek answers for the following questions: “Who makes the tools which are pushing or shaping the industry? Which tools, accessories, and fasteners should professionals buy? What tools are new and truly innovative?"
The Pro Tool Innovation Awards are judged by a panel of industry professionals who review hundreds of tools each year.
This year, the Pro Tool Innovation Awards represent the best products from 99 manufacturers and brands from 465 entries. You can read more about the 2022 Pro Tool Innovation Awards on Pro Tool Reviews.
ONE-KEY™ Bluetooth® Tracking Tag Product Recap: Award-Winning Tool Security from Milwaukee® Tool
The Bluetooth tag landscape has grown tremendously since we first launched our TICK™ Tool & Equipment Tracker in 2017. When we went back to the drawing board to improve this product with fresh eyes, the team was excited to build off of the then-revolutionary equipment tracker (“Designed for the professional trades and the inventory management challenges they face on the jobsite”) with the new technology of today.
- Improved 300-ft Bluetooth® range (3X times that of TICK™).
- Industry’s first onboard speaker in a Bluetooth tracker (with 3 buzzer sounds) users can ping when items are not physically visible.
- An onboard accelerometer providing greater contextual information about the last time your item was moved.
- Built-in near-field-communication (NFC) and a heavy duty QR code allow for easy 2-step scanning and activation.
- Compact design with 30% smaller footprint offers versatile attachment capabilities.
- 3-year maintenance-free battery life.
- Professional-grade durability and weather-proof construction built to withstand harsh jobsite conditions, abuse, shock, drop, and extreme temperatures not seen in consumer-grade trackers.
- IP68 rating, the most durable on the market.
We’re pleased to see the Pro Tool Innovation Awards judges have noticed these improvements, as well as our commitment to innovate connected technology.
“Milwaukee is taking the concept of its original One-Key Tag and making it more effective with several improvements,” they write. Read the full review on the Pro Tool Innovation Awards website.
Featured Product Support Articles
General guidelines to improve tool tracking:
- One-Key leads the industry with the largest community Bluetooth tracking network. However, as a community Bluetooth tracking application, in order to see more location updates, the more users in the app within your area, the better. You can improve your experience in the app (particularly on remote jobsites) by ensuring everyone on the job is in the app. Learn about Bluetooth vs GPS tracking.
- Ensure location services and Bluetooth permissions on your device are enabled (location allows us to triangulate where your tools are located in relation to you and provide location updates, and Bluetooth allows for you to be able to scan for nearby devices). Learn how on Android and iOS.